2014: Doc-art, Puicheric, France: “Framing the Medieval World”
2011: Orbit 1 Gallery, Paul Robeson Center, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ: "Objects of Memory"
2010: Chashama266, New York, NY: "Memory Maps" window installation
2009: College of St. Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ: "Aileen Bassis: Holocaust Books"
2008: Ateliers BaZtille, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
2007: Fox Gallery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA: "Holocaust Stories"
2006: Griffin Gallery, Madison, NJ: "Holocaust Stories"
2002: Ceres Project Room, Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts, New York, NY: "The Aftermath (9/11)"
2000: Gallery 402: Organization of Independent Artists, New York, NY: "Needs – Unmet"
1994: Seigfred Gallery, Ohio University, Athens, OH: "In the Flesh"
1983: Hudson D. Walker Gallery, Fine Arts Work Center, Provincetown, MA
1979: RH Oosterom, Inc., New York, NY
Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA
Selected Group Exhibitions:
- The Herb & Milly Iris Gallery at SOPAC, South Orange, NJ: “POLITICO: Art & The Humanities”
- Bergen Gallery, Bergen County Community College, Paramus, NJ: "Art VOTES: Visualizing the
- Coburn Gallery, Ashland Univiversity, Ashland OH: "Interrupted"
- Space 776, Brooklyn, NY: "We Still Imagine, Make and Read Books"
- Boyle Family Gallery, J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, Lindenwood Univ., St. Charles, MO:
"Freedom Imagined/Freedom Lived"
- SpaceCamp/Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD: "Fathers, Brothers, Sons"
- abecedarian gallery, Denver, CO: "The Printed Page II"
- BronxArtSpace, Bronx, NY: "Speak Out"
- Gallery GAIA, Brooklyn, NY: "BANG! BANG! ART Against GUNS"
- Augusta Savage Gallery, Univ. of Mass. Amherst: "I Breathe With You"
- Noyes Museum Arts Garage, Stockton Univ., Atlantic City, NJ: "New Jersey Arts Annual 2016"
- Westbeth Gallery, New York City: "Unpacking the 21st Century - Artists Engaging the World"
- Newark Arts Council, Newark, NJ: "Emerging Ideas"
- Derfner Judaica Museum, Bronx, NY: "To Forgive and Remember: Reshaping Contemporary
- Local Project, Long Island City, NY: "Deep Breath"
- Harold J. Miossi Art Gallery, Cuesta College, San Luis Obispo, CA: "Artists Books 2015"
- University of New South Wales, Canberra, Australia: "Personal Histories - International Artist Book
- Drawing Rooms, Jersey City, NJ: "Big Small Works Show 2014"
- Drawing Rooms, Jersey City, NJ: "Duets"
- Arts Guild New Jersey, Rahway, NJ: "Yesterday's News"
- The Art Gallery of Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY: "conTEXT: Language as
Medium and Message in Contemporary Art" (Three-artist exhibition)
- Gateway Gallery Two, Newark, NJ: "Emerald City"
- Paul Robeson Gallery, Rutgers Univ., Newark, NJ: "From There to Here: Migration & Immigration"
- The Ellington-White Contemporary, Fayetteville, NC: “Islam Contemporary”
- Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center, Auburn, NY: "Cartography: Artists as Mapmakers"
- Pierro Gallery, South Orange, NJ: "Montclair Art Museum Young Curators: Those Little Things"
- Gateway Gallery Two, Newark, NJ: "Through the Looking Glass"
- Prince George's Community College, Largo, MD: "Reimagining Rosa Parks"
- Printmaking Center of NJ, Branchburg, NJ: "Structure"
- Solo(s) Project House Gallery, Newark, NJ: "(IM)POSSIBILITIES"
- Wiener Library for the Study of the Holocaust & Genocide, London, England: "Displaced" a Book
- Redland Museum, Queensland, Australia: "Personal Histories - International Artist Book Exhibition"
- Pierro Gallery, South Orange, NJ: “Breaking Through Tradition”
- Rosenthal Gallery, Fayetteville State Univ., NC: "Contemporary Art of the Muslim World”
- Rotunda Gallery, City Hall, Jersey City, NJ: "Pro Arts 20th Year Celebration"
- Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie, Trenton, NJ: "Paper Work"
- Maloney Art Gallery, College of St. Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ: "Held Against Our Will"
- Gallery Aferro and the Newark Arts Council, Newark, NJ: “Dreams Before Sleeping,” curated by
Evonne M. Davis and Jacob Mandel
- Islip Art Museum, East Islip, NY: "New York Bound: International Bookart Biennial"
- Lichtenstein Center for the Arts, Pittsfield, MA: "Islam Contemporary"
- Noyes Arts Garage, Stockton College, Atlantic City, NJ: "2013 New Jersey Arts Annual: Currents in
- Walsh Gallery, Seton Hall Univ., South Orange, NJ: "Marking Territory"
- Butler Library, Columbia University, NY: "Al-Mutanabbi Starts Here"
- Curious Matter Gallery, Jersey City, NJ: "A Time in Arcadia"
- Univ. Libraries, Univ. of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD: "Bound and Unbound II"
- King Saint Stephen Museum, in collaboration with City Gallery Deák Collection, Székesfehérvár,
Hungary: "Fifth International Artists’ Book Exhibition 2013"
- Art Gallery, Univ. of North Carolina, Wilmington, NC: "Codicology: The Art and Science of the Book"
- Maloney Art Gallery, College of St. Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ: "Persona"
- Seton Hall Univ. School of Law, Newark, NJ: "Perspectives vs. Perception"
- Cooperative Gallery 213, Binghamton, NY: "Book as Art"
- Lederer Gallery, SUNY, Geneseo, NY: "Meditations on Emancipation (in the 21st Century)"
- East & West Galleries, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX: "Seductive Alchemy: Books by
Artists," curated by Ruth R. Rogers, Wellesley College
- Sinclair Gallery, Coe College, Cedar Rapids, IA: "Juried Printmaking Exhibition"
- Wiseman Gallery, Rogue Community College, Grants Pass, OR: "The 99%"
- C.C.C.P. North Light Gallery, Brooklyn, NY: "Harvest of Dreams"
- Kraft Center for Jewish Life, Columbia/Barnard University, New York, NY: "Context"
- Mind Rewind Gallery, Seattle, WA: "The Continuous Thread 2"
- Holocaust Memorial Center of Detroit, MI: "Silent Witnesses: Migration Stories through
- AID Gallery, Art Institute of Atlanta-Decatur, GA: "Wallbound"
- Index Art Center, Newark, NJ: "See, I'm Not Paranoid, I'm Right"
- Printmaking Center of New Jersey, Branchburg, NJ: "The Continuous Thread"
- Step Gallery, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ: "Crave: The Art of Dependency"
- Gallery One, Newark, NJ: "Women: Realizing Perspectives"
- Susan Hensel Gallery, Minneapolis, MN: "Readers Art 12: Longing for Home"
- Soho20 Gallery, New York, NY: "Backlash (on Women's Rights and Freedoms)"
- New Lots Public Library, Brooklyn, NY: "Juneteenth," a project of Arts East NY
- Wool Punk Studio, Jersey City, NJ: "_gaia Then and Now"
- Pierro Gallery of South Orange, NJ: "Identity Blueprint"
- UNO Art Gallery, University of Nebraska, Omaha: "Al-Mutanabbi Street Project"
- Gallery at 14 Maple, Morristown, NJ: "Remembrance of Things Past"
- Proteus Gowanus, Brooklyn, NY: "Migration"
- Freyberger Gallery, Penn State Berks, Reading, PA: "Crisis/Reaction"
- Art for Change Gallery, New York, NY: "Millennial Yell"
- Center for Book Arts, New York, NY: "The (UN)Framed Photograph"
- Aljira Gallery, Newark, NJ: "Viewpoints"
- Manhattan Graphics Center, Project Space, New York, NY: "Solarplate Intaglio"
- Clemente Soto Velez Cultural Center, New York, NY: "Distant Cousins: Jewish & Muslim Women
- Gallery 9 at JCity Theater, Jersey City, NJ: "Private Eyes" (2-artist exhibition)
- Seton Hall University School of Law and City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: "The Newark
- Perkins Center for the Arts, Collingswood, NJ and Noyes Museum, Hammonton, NJ: "YEA:
Emerging Artists Project"
- The Arts Center, Eugene, OR: "Unspeakable"
- 23 Sandy Gallery, Portland, OR: "Photo Book Works"
- Susan Hensel Gallery, Minneapolis, MN: "Readers Art 11: Urban/Urbane"
- Atelier BaZtille, Zoetermeer, Netherlands: "What is Past, Never Returns"
- Jersey City Museum, NJ: "Jersey City Artists 2010: A Splendid Energy"
- Ross Beitzel Art Gallery, Gloucester County College, NJ: "Yea! YO Emerging Artists Project"
- Grace Church, Jersey City, NJ: "ProArts Member Show"
- Abecedarian Gallery, Denver, CO: "Photo Book Works"
- Figment2010, Governor's Island, New York, NY: "Memory Maps" (participatory public art project)
- Space 37, Queens Media Arts Development, New York, NY: "Babel"
- Washington Printmakers Gallery, Pyramid Atlantic, Silver Spring, MD: "Small Works"
- Altered Esthetics, Minneapolis, MN: "Altered Pages"
- Vivant Art Collection, Philadelphia, PA, and Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History,
Baltimore, MD: "Transcending History: Moving Beyond the Legacy of Slavery and the Holocaust,"
a project of IdeaArts Arts Initiative
- Truman State University Art Gallery, Kirksville, MO: "American Race"
- Ann Street Gallery, Newburgh, NY: "Bound: Artists Books"
- Printmaking Council of New Jersey, Branchville, NJ: "Below the Surface"
- Fox Art Gallery at UPenn, Philadelphia, PA: "Family Ties: The First Wave"
- ProArts Member Show, Grace Church, Jersey City, NJ
- Printmaking Council of NJ, Branchville: "Past Present" curated by Aileen Bassis,
- Kreft Juried Exhibition, Concordia University Ann Arbor, MI: "Reconciliation"
- NYU Bronfman Center Gallery, New York, NY: "Einstein on Witherspoon Street: Expressions for
- Theresa A. Maloney Gallery, College of St. Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ: "Responding
- Booksmart Studio, Rochester, NY: "Art of Democracy"
- Brennan Gallery, Justice William Brennan Courthouse, Jersey City, NJ: "Human History"
- Jersey City Museum, NJ: "Sprawl"
- Abecedarian Gallery, Denver, CO: "Transparent/Opaque"
- Suffolk Museum, Suffolk, VA: "Beyond Reading: Books as Art"
- Crown Center Gallery, Loyola University Chicago, IL: "Reforming US: Immigration Through Art"
- ProArts Member Show, Canco Lofts, Jersey City, NJ
- John Cotton Dana Library, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ: "Book as Body? Body as Book!"
- Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning New York, NY: "Jamaica Flux: Workspace and Windows:
2007" (public art and gallery exhibition)
- Yavapai College, Prescott, AZ: "The Human Alteration" (3-artist exhibit)
- Williamsburg Art and Historical Center, Brooklyn, NY: “Sun Pictures to Megapixels”
- Brennan Gallery, Justice Brennan Court House, Jersey City, NJ: “The Nature of Duality"
- Waldo Lofts, Jersey City, NJ: “Inside”
- Defoor Centre Gallery, Atlanta, GA: "I/WE: Case Studies"
- Nurtureart Gallery, Brooklyn, NY: "The Occidental Artist"
- Kraft Gallery, Columbia University, New York, NY and Rubin-Frankel Gallery, Boston University,
MA: "Words Within" organized by the WCA, Jewish Women Artists Network
- Justice Brennan Courthouse, Jersey City, NJ: "Identity"
- Victory Hall, Jersey City, NJ: "American Diaspora"
- Mana Fine Arts, Jersey City, NJ & Atlantic Gallery, New York, NY: "WHYGTS" (What Have You Got
- Gallery Aferro, Newark, NJ: "Glossolalia"
- University of the South, Sewanee, TN: "Beyond Words - Artists Books"
- Susan Hensel Gallery, Minneapolis, MN: "Reader's Art 6: Changing the Wind"
- Rahway Arts Guild, NJ: "A Separate Reality" curated by Samantha Dorfman
- 5 plus 5 Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, and Food for Thought Student Gallery at Portland U., WA: "Paper
Politics 2," curated by Josh McPhee
- Hebrew College, Newton, MA: "L'Dov V'Dov - From Generation to Generation," WCA Jewish
Women Artist Network
- Robert A. Peck Gallery, Central Wyoming College: "Memory and Meditation"
- Makor Gallery of the 92nd St Y, New York, NY: "Tikkun Olam - Healing the World"
- Jewish Women Artist Network of the Woman's Caucus for Art, New York, NY
- NurtureArt Gallery, Brooklyn, NY: "Paper, Papier, Papel"
- Seattle Print Arts, WA: "Paper Politics (West)"
- Mills Pond House Gallery, Smithtown Township Arts Council, St. James, NY: "Women, Words and
- New Arts Program, Kutztown, PA: "Invitational Salon Exhibition"
- Griffin Gallery, Madison, NJ: "Coexistence"
- Jersey City Museum, Jersey City, NJ: "Circa Crafts 2005"
- artspace 129, Montclair, NJ: "Local Color"
- Contemporary Artists Center, North Adams, MA: "Made in NA MA"
- Union Art Gallery, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: "Women in the Middle"
- Locus Media Gallery, New York, NY: "Domestic Affairs"
- Frans Masereel Center, Kasterlee, Belgium: "Jubilee Exhibition"
- City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: "Stop and Go"
- City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: "Analog/Digital"
- Institute for Community Research Gallery, Hartford, CT: "Living Spaces"
- Illinois State University, University Galleries, Normal, IL: "Ready for War"
- Monroe Center for the Arts, Hoboken, NJ: "First Sundays"
- Kentler International Drawing Space, Brooklyn, NY: "Drawings for Peace"
- Exit Art, New York, NY, and Williamson Gallery, College of Design, Pasadena, CA: "Reactions"
- The Bronx River Art Center, New York, NY and Fairleigh Dickenson Univ., Teaneck, NJ: "911:
- Guild Gallery II, New York, NY: "Women's Perspectives"
- Morehead State University, Morehead, Kentucky: "Image Text Language"
- Lowe Gallery at Hudson Guild, New York, NY: "Drawing: Line, Skill, Imagination"
- Center for Photography, Woodstock, NY: "Annual Benefit"
- Lowe Gallery at Hudson Guild and Rush Arts Gallery, NYC: "Lucky Draw"
- Gallery 1101, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, IL: "The Collage Show- Three Approaches
to Photographic Construction"
- Hunterdon Museum of Art, Clinton, NJ: "New Jersey State Council on the Arts Fellowship
- Makeready's at Gallery 214, Montclair, NJ: "Time Lapse"
- Raritan Valley Community College, North Branch, NJ: "The Portrait in the New Millennium"
- City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: "The Color Line in the 2lst Century”
- City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: "Artreach 2000"
- 'Exhibit A' Gallery, New York, NY: "CWW in Soho"
- The Puffin Cultural Forum, Teaneck, NJ: "Erase Hate/Create A New World"
- Lump Gallery, Raleigh, NC: "un/Acceptable"
- Raritan Valley Community College, North Branch, NJ: “Issues of Guilt”
- Gallery 402: Organization of Independent Artists, New York, NY: “Medicinal Madness”
- Sponsored Reality at Union Hill Studio, Union City, NJ: “Image/Mileage”
- Artemisia, Chicago, IL: "Carving the Forces of Change"
- PS 122 Gallery, New York, NY: “Small Works”
- Woman Made Gallery, Chicago, IL: "Ancient Fragments in a New Light"
- Sylvia White Gallery, New York, NY: "Reality Check"
- Lutheran Brotherhood Gallery, Minneapolis, MN: "Awareness Alert - Women and Breast Cancer"
- Binghamton University, SUNY, Binghamton, NY: "The Eldred Memorial Invitational"
- Mill Hill Park, Trenton, NJ: “Trenton Avant Garde TAGfest” (outdoor installation)
- Passaic County Community College Gallery, Paterson, NJ: “Context”
- Cragin Fife Gallery, Brookline, MA: “Jewish Women Uncensored”
- Palmyra Gallery, Bound Brook, NJ: “Saturnalia”
- Prince Street Gallery, New York, NY: “A Woman’s Place”
- City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: “New Members Show”
- Peter Madero Gallery, New York, NY: "Diagnosis: Breast Cancer"
- Ceres Gallery, New York, NY: "The Women's Health Show: Examining Room"
- City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: "Metro Show"
- 10 on 8 (public art windows), New York, NY: "The Body Politic”
- Level 3 Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
- Museum of Art, Science & Industry, Bridgeport, CT: "Barnum Festival Juried Art Exhibition"
- City Without Walls Gallery, Newark, NJ: "Metro Show"
- Foto: New York, NY: "Hand-Colored Photographs" (curated by Geno Rodriguez)
- University of South Florida,Tampa, FL: "Eight Contemporary Photographers"
- RH Oosterom, Inc., New York, NY
- Queens Museum, New York, NY: "Annual Juried Exhibition" (curated by Robert Pincus-Witten)
- RH Oosterom, Inc., New York, NY
- Just Above Midtown Gallery, New York, NY: "Pocket Art"
- Parsons School of Design, New York, NY: "Artists’ Books"
1976: Hunter College, CUNY, New York, NY: M.A., Creative Art
1971: SUNY at Binghamton, NY: B.A., Studio Art
Fellowships, Residencies and Grants:
2016: Associazione Culturale SabinARTi, artist residency, Casaprota, Italy
2014: Documentary-art.Net, artist residency: Puicheric, France
2012: Rebild2012, artist residency: North Jutland, Denmark
2010: Canserrat stipend residency award: El Bruc, Spain
2008: Baztille Guest Studio Award: Zoetermeer, Netherlands
2007: Puffin Foundation Grant
2006: Nelimarkka Museum, artist residency: Alajarvi, Finland
2005: Contemporary Artists Center, residency merit award: Johnson, MA
2004: Vermont Studio Center: Dodge Foundation fellowship
2002: Frans Masereel Center, printmaking residency: Kasterlee, Belgium:
1999: New Jersey State Council on the Arts: photography fellowship
1971-’72: Fine Arts Work Center, painting fellowship: Provincetown, MA
Dartmouth College, Rauner Special Collections Library, Hanover, NH
Lafayette College, Easton, PA
Temple University, Samuel L. Paley Library, Philadelphia, PA
Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA
Yale University, Haas Arts Library Special Collections, New Haven, CT
Royal Museum of Fine Arts, Antwerp, Belgium
Frans Masereel Centre, Kasterlee, Belgium
Nelimarkka Museum, Alajärvi, Finland
King St. Stephen Museum, Székesfehérvár, Hungary
Newark Public Library, Special Collections Division, NJ
New York Public Library, Photography Collection
Franklin Furnace, New York City